Winlink Wednesday 2021

John Hill - KF5VO

It's that time once again for Winlink Wednesday!

This week we will continue the theme of New Years Resolutions. Or, if you don't like those, then we can call them goals. To make the goals achievable, you can use the SMART method. SMART is the acronym meaning Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-based. For example, instead of saying "I want to do more digital modes", you could say something like "I want to learn RTTY and participate in at least 3 RTTY contests this year" or "I would like to complete the Work All States award using FT-8 this year". So, what would be your HAM related goals? Let me know in the comment section of the Winlink Checkin form.

Other instructions:

Use the same template when checking in.  As a reminder, to use the template, when the New Message screen is opened, click on the menu items Select Template --> Standard Templates --> GENERAL Forms --> Winlink Check In.txt.

Make sure in the Send To box to put my call sign, KF5VO.

In the location box, put the name of your city/town, and which gateway you're connecting through (if known).

IF YOU ARE USING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WINLINKE TO CHECK IN:
In the body of the message, place the following information separated by a tab. Include the info between the stars below. This is how the information is sent if you are using the Winlink form. It makes it much easier for me to tally the results. I have a script that tallies the check-ins, and it looks for the information below, between the strings "TAB Delimited:" and "Semicolon Delimited:"

TAB Delimited:

Semicolon Delimited:

Happy Winlinking!

Please visit the Winlink Wednesday NTX web site for more info on how to check in to the net:
https://bit.ly/2TfJNJE

If you haven't already, please join our mailing list on Groups.IO
https://groups.io/g/WinlinkWednesdayNTX

John Hill - KF5VO

It's that time once again for Winlink Wednesday!

Feb 3 is international Carrot Cake day. I know I've asked this question last year, but I'll ask it again. In honor of Carrot Cake day, what is your favorite type of cake? Let me know in the comments for this week's Winlink Wednesday.

[...]

This week we will use a different form for checking in. THIS IS FOR THIS WEEK ONLY.

The template is in the Template Manager
    Standard Templates --> WEATHER Forms --> Local Weather Report.txt
Fill out the form.
When you click the "Submit" button, it puts the message in the body and attaches the XML file. It will auto-populate the the subject, but not who you're sending it to.
In the TO field, put KF5VO

That's it!

When I send out the message with the results of this week's net, I will publish the check-in file to the Groups.IO site as usual. In addition to that, I will compile all the weather reports into a spreadsheet (a CSV file) and I will zip that and send it out over Winlink. This means that the results e-mail will be a little larger than normal. In the early days of the Winlink Wednesday net, we did this weekly, but haven't in a while. If you are relatively new to the net, this will let you know how long it will take to download a message with a small attachment. I just wanted everyone to be prepared for that.

Happy Winlinking!

Please visit the Winlink Wednesday NTX web site for more info on how to check in to the net:
https://bit.ly/2TfJNJE

If you haven't already, please join our mailing list on Groups.IO
https://groups.io/g/WinlinkWednesdayNTX

John Hill - KF5VO

It's that time once again for Winlink Wednesday!

Since we all pay attention to weather patterns, what do you think summer will be like in your neck of the woods? Let me know with this week's checkin.

Other instructions:

Use the same template when checking in.  As a reminder, to use the template, when the New Message screen is opened, click on the menu items Select Template --> Standard Templates --> GENERAL Forms --> Winlink Check In.txt.

Make sure in the Send To box to put my call sign, KF5VO.

In the location box, put the name of your city/town, and which gateway you're connecting through (if known).

IF YOU ARE USING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WINLINK TO CHECK IN:
If you are not using the forms, then whatever you type into the body of the message will be considered the "Comment" field on the form.

Happy Winlinking!

Please visit the Winlink Wednesday NTX web site for more info on how to check in to the net:
https://bit.ly/2TfJNJE

If you haven't already, please join our mailing list on Groups.IO
https://groups.io/g/WinlinkWednesdayNTX

John Hill - KF5VO

It's that time once again for Winlink Wednesday!

The Red Cross is having a drill this coming weekend. Part of the drill includes using the ARC Form 6409. I have been told that International stations are encouraged and welcomed to participate as well. So, for this week, we will use the ARC 6409 form.

When selecting the Template in the Template manager, go to Standard Templates --> ARC Forms --> ARC 6409 Requisition Form.txt

Fill out the form for however you want. For this net, in the "Description of Product(s) and/or service(s)" section, put the next item you will be purchasing for your shack. Anything else on the form, make it up.

Make sure that you send the form to KF5VO.

Happy Winlinking!

Please visit the Winlink Wednesday NTX web site for more info on how to check in to the net:
https://bit.ly/2TfJNJE

If you haven't already, please join our mailing list on Groups.IO
https://groups.io/g/WinlinkWednesdayNTX

Dr. Steven Davoust N5KCH

Thank you received

Sent from Yahoo for iPhone