Topics

Welcome to Greg Evans K5GTX our New Section Emergency Coordinator

On April the 2nd, I met with Greg Evans K5GTX

We visited for almost two hours over some Bar BQ
in Wylie Texas.

We talked about his experience in ECOM, ARES and Ham Radio in General.
It was quickly obvious to me that he is a Team player and loves to work with
others.

His statement that he wants all the ASEC (Assistant Section Emergency Coordinators)
to be involved in all the dynamics of the position, so that if anyone falls out, our mission will carry on.
Was one of the highlights of our conversation, and there were many highlights.

In fact the virtual glass was half full throughout our meeting, although we did discus
some trying issues that we all face with ECOM and have a mutual understanding
on how to address the thorns that are ever present today.

Training while not a thorn, is a big concern of both of ours.
The lack of current ARES manuals and even brochures is another concern.
Greg and I are working these issues as fast, but as precise as we can.

With his Military experience and mine, I felt really great in choosing to interview him.
Less than half way into our meeting, Greg and I were practically finishing each others sentences
to mutual satisfaction. We also listened to each other and both smiled and knew he is the right man
for the job as our North Texas Section Emergency Coordinator

Just more positives...
Greg has a great working relationship with Jerry Goodson W5BFF,
as well as many other ECOM amateurs and professionals alike.
This will of course provide our section with continuity and a greater
depth of expertise.

Please join me in welcoming Greg Evans to the team as our Section Emergency Coordinator.

You're Section manager

Jerry A. Goodson <hydrashok407@...>

In my not-so-humble, yet equally worthless opinion...

...I don't think you could've found a better candidate in the section!  As ASEC, Greg was always my "go-to guy" not just for knowledge, but for drive.  There are many in the section who have a lot of knowledge, but Greg was the guy I called when I needed something to get done.

Greg not only possessed the leadership skills needed as SEC, but he also possesses diplomatic skills... far more than I had.

I would even go out on a limb and say this is, thus far, the best thing you've done (that I know of...) since you took the helm as Section Manager.  Kuddos!

...but if you tell Greg I said any of this, I'll deny, deny, deny! :)

Welcome, Greg!  I certainly feel well-represented as an ARRL and ARES member!

-=Jerry=- W5BFF

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:40 PM Steven Lott Smith KG5VK <lottsphoto@...> wrote:
[...]

Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC

Good Day everyone.

I wanted to send out a short message to thank our new Section Manager, Steve for the appointment.  I genuinely enjoyed our first meeting, and I am very confident that, together with our members, we will do great things.

Moreover, Thank You, Jerry, for the kind words that you did not post.  If I were you, I wouldn’t admit to them either.  Your hard work as SEC and Assistant Section Manager has been invaluable.

Over the next two weeks, my focus will be getting acquainted with my responsibilities, attending the State COMMEX and giving a couple of presentations to our partners including RACES and ARES district leadership.

I am very excited about the opportunity to work with our leadership, all of you and our partners.  ARES has new opportunities for supporting our communities and partners.  Together we will make a difference.

Please feel free to contact me.

Respectfully and 73,

Greg Evans, K5GTX
NTX Section Emergency Coordinator