Topics

TURN and TEST

Kevin McCoy

Well, I have just finished my morning scramble.  Advancing all the clocks and timers.

As you TURN your clocks forward one hour, please remember to TEST your smoke alarms.

☑️Check smoke alarms and replace batteries if needed.

☑️Create and practice your home fire escape plan.

I know you are still spry, but I have slowed down a bit, and it is good to remember that with all these plastics and new building materials you only have 2 minutes to escape your home safely.

We should all be proud of the roll that Ron N5SBN (EC Brazos County) and Jerry KG5YSD helping the family of 7 including 3 children whose lives were saved by the home fire campaign.

If you need a free alarm, or want to help:

In North Texas https://www.redcross.org/local/texas/north-texas/about-us/our-work/home-fire-campaign.html

West, Central and South Texas Home Fire Campaign: https://www.redcross.org/local/texas/central-and-south-texas/about-us/our-work/home-fire-campaign.html

In Texas Gulf coast that is: https://www.redcross.org/local/texas/gulf-coast/about-us/our-work/home-fire-campaign.html

IF your alarms are beeping, they may have expired.  They are generally only good for 10 years.

Hard of hearing, check out the bed shaker alarms.

Turn and
        Test

Kevin KF5FUZ