Request for EMComm Trailers list

Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC

In the last newsletter, I asked for an ICS-217A from Clubs, Counties, and Agencies identifying emergency communications trailers, kits, repeaters, etc.  I ask that everyone, please work to get that information to us as soon as possible.  Even a partial list is helpful!  Please also include any modes, such as Winlink, Echolink, etc. in the information.

An ICS-217A form is downloadable from the fema.gov website at https://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/ICSResource/assets/ICS%20Forms/ICS%20Form%20217A,%20Comm%20Resource%20Avail%20Worksheet%20(v3).pdf

Please forward the information to sec@... as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help and 73,

Greg Evans, K5GTX

ARRL NTX SEC

ARRL NTX ASM

713.410.2376

Owen Anderson

Greg: has there ever been an inventory of equipment
available per Ham that could be used in an emergency?
No one had asked me what types of equipment I have?

Just a thought that might produce some interesting equipment
that could be available for an incident.  Also are they FEMA
qualified - 100, 200, 700, 800 as a minimum level.

Have fun.

Owen Anderson
KE5HRI

On Jul 12, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC <k5gtx@...> wrote:

In the last newsletter, I asked for an ICS-217A from Clubs, Counties, and Agencies identifying emergency communications trailers, kits, repeaters, etc.  I ask that everyone, please work to get that information to us as soon as possible.  Even a partial list is helpful!  Please also include any modes, such as Winlink, Echolink, etc. in the information.

An ICS-217A form is downloadable from the fema.gov website at https://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/ICSResource/assets/ICS%20Forms/ICS%20Form%20217A,%20Comm%20Resource%20Avail%20Worksheet%20(v3).pdf

Please forward the information to sec@... as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help and 73,

Greg Evans, K5GTX

ARRL NTX SEC

ARRL NTX ASM

713.410.2376

Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC

So I will be asking for that in the future.   But I want to take one step at a time.   I have never seen a section ICS-217a and I think it is a very important item that we need.  If we don't know what is available...

73

Greg Evans,  K5GTX
ARRL NTX SEC
ARRL NTX ASM

[...]

Great your doing a good job.

Owen

On Jul 12, 2019, at 4:50 PM, Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC <k5gtx@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry A. Goodson W5BFF ARRLNTX ASM/ASEC <hydrashok407@...>

Hey, Owen.... there have been several attempts to collect that information since  Jay became section manager and appointed Chris Ebert NA0D his SEC.  Chris tried to collect that info from ECs, I've tried to collect that info from ECs, and I know Greg has, as well.

What it comes down to is the ECs and their management of their ARES organization.  It's not just a matter of having the gear and training.... it's also maturity, physical health, "likeability," and other attributes that there's no way for the SEC to keep track of.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:40 PM Owen Anderson via Groups.Io <oaand=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

John N5TIM

Check the attached document to see which resource you might be with your equipment. Others can do so as well. Report you resource type to your EC.

73, John - N5TIM
NTX-ASEC

On 7/12/2019 4:40 PM, Owen Anderson via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Earlier today, I asked for ICS-217A’s to be completed and forwarded to DECs and myself.  The goal of this effort is to create a section-wide unified list of communications frequencies and modes (such as Winlink, DMR, D-Star, etc.).  The section wide list will then be an easy to find resource for members within the section and visitors to our area.  In my quest to start the collection of this information, being spurred on by Tropical Storm Barry, I did everyone who read the communication a dis-service by not explaining how to complete the ICS-217A.  At first glance, it is a confusing form.

The purpose of the ICS-217A is to provide a list of communications equipment programmed for specific frequencies/uses.  The ICS-217A is used by Communications Leaders (COML) to identify what communications resources are available for assignment and programmed into equipment.  The easiest example of the types of resources listed on the 217A are repeaters, Winlink nodes, radios pre-programmed to specific frequencies or channels, etc.  Emergency Communications trailers should have a 217A if equipped with radios pre-programmed with specific channels and radios for specific uses such as Winlink.

I have attached an example of the ICS-217A.  It is an incomplete list of the repeaters and Winlink nodes in Collin County.

Frequency Band

What Bands are indicated on this 217A.  VHF/UHF, for example.

Description

Provide a brief description of what is identified on the 217A.  This could be all of the repeaters in a county or a specific radio position in a communications trailer.  If it is a specific radio, provide model, capabilities, etc.  For example, an Position 1 ICOM-7100 HF/VHF/UHF – Voice/Data/D-Star

Pg No

Row number – it can be left blank if everything fits on one page or you are using the excel version of the ICS-217A

Channel Configuration

Repeater/Simplex/Trunked

Channel Name

Repeater Callsigns such as K5PRK, or Winlink node (K5PRK-10) or trunk (TAC93)

Eligible Users

Who can use this frequency – Amateur, County, All users, etc.

RX Frequency

The receive frequency that the user will tune to for receive and if the signal is in Wide (W) or Narrow (N) band

RX Tone

Tone frequency if necessary

TX Frequency

The transmit frequency the user will use to transmit on and if the signal is in Wide (W) or Narrow (N) band

Mode

Indicate either Analog (A), Digital (D) or Mixed (M) Mode

Remarks

Include key information or use; i.e., ARES/SKYWARN Primary Repeater, Zone 7 – Texas DPS, etc.

I have added an Excel version of the form to our files area in Groups.IO (it is here).

I hope this helps everyone complete the form.  Again, we are looking to gather information about Repeaters, Winlink, etc. for a consolidated or “uber” 217A.  I appreciate all of your efforts and look forward to receiving your ICS-217A soon.

ARRL NTX SEC
ARRL NTX ASM

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#255) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Budd

The fillable PDF will not save without the Adobe program.  I found one that uses EXCEL and filled that one out.

Budd Johnson  WB4J

Coryell Co ARES EC

Owen Anderson

I did not infer anything but made a comment about personal
equipment - get off your high horse!

Owen

On Jul 12, 2019, at 5:25 PM, Jerry A. Goodson W5BFF ARRLNTX ASM/ASEC <hydrashok407@...> wrote:

[...]

Stephen Freeman, K5SKF

Thanks, Jerry Goodson for your good work…

Stephen K5SKF

[...]

Owen,

I apologize if I came off wrong.  I only tried answering your question of Greg, as well as giving a little background to that answer, as well.  I truly didn't mean any attitude or condescension in my response, and I'm sorry if I came off that way.

The task isn't complete, but it's been started and ongoing for about two years, now.  There are 68 counties in the North Texas Section, and coordinating a large-scale joint effort like that isn't easy.

Again, I'm sorry if my answer came off wrong.

-=Jerry=- W5BFF

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:27 PM Owen Anderson via Groups.Io <oaand=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

We all have our own way of reading posts but I thought it was fine. The unfortunate part of non-face to face communication.

Stephen K5SKF

[...]

Agree, let’s move forward but us (that are not in the chain) do
not know some of the things going on - this is the first time
that the getting of data seems to be public information.

Please, always ask us unaware Hams for comments to create
a better system to serve the public.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Owen

On Jul 12, 2019, at 11:48 PM, Stephen Freeman <firebug@...> wrote:

[...]

David (W5CWT)

Here's Rusk County's current 217a. We are adding new equipment, but it's not all up and running yet.

We are also in the process of compiling a list of operators and available ARRs per the ARR Guide, but that will take a few weeks still. (Is there a suitable ICS form that would work well with that?) Either way, I'll forward it when complete.

73
David
W5CWT, EC for Rusk County