Topics

Field Day VHF

John Hill - KF5VO

I was talking to some of my buddies about Field Day for the Technician class operator. One of the things we agreed on was to take the first 5 minutes of every hour to be on 146.480 to make contacts with Techs.

Anyone else wish to do this?

~John Hill
KF5VO

It is a great idea which will work great for those in densely populated areas

Many outside our area have been talking about this for a week or more
Chatter on this on local repeaters
Before this afternoon is a good idea

Be safe have Fun
And remember Techs have almost the whole 6 meter band they can use as well as a big chuck of ten meters
It is not just 2 m and 440 MHz

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:44 AM John Hill - KF5VO <john@...> wrote:
I was talking to some of my buddies about Field Day for the Technician class operator. One of the things we agreed on was to take the first 5 minutes of every hour to be on 146.480 to make contacts with Techs.

Anyone else wish to do this?

~John Hill
KF5VO

Tele 318-470-9806
ARRL NTX Section Manager
Please note: My Out Going Email address is LottsPhoto@...
KG5VK@... is forwarded to my Gmail address

Jim McGlynn, K5QOI

Great idea, I am in Brazoria county now after a move to South Texas and will also dedicate the first 5 minutes to VHF. I have posted to District 1 STX groups.io

73 K5QOI