Topics

Field Day traffic handling bonus points walkthrough

Aaron Hulett | K8AMH

Hello everyone,

With Field Day rapidly approaching and many of us playing from home, and I have had lots of interest in the message handling bonus points available to Field Day stations. If you would like some information about the message handling rules (a.k.a. how to earn the points), see how to put a radiogram together, learn how to relay it over the air, and learn how to send it using Winlink if you have an on-air Winlink setup, I have published a video on the Section YouTube channel providing this end-to-end walkthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncNHTe3JDLc

Quick note that I have some space left for tomorrow’s 2 pm Central time traffic handling training if you would like a more in-depth explanation about the traffic system and radiograms. Registration details are at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-traffic-system-nts-training-june-20-2020-registration-105660738112

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. And, if you need some help with coming up with destinations for your radiogram traffic, feel free to reference this list of stations that have stepped up to receive Field Day traffic. While we would generally very much want a phone number, these stations that stepped up are active in the traffic system and will pick it up through the traffic system directly (so no need for any phone calls).

https://groups.io/g/arrlnts/wiki/21231

73,

Aaron | K8AMH

Section Traffic Manager

ARRL North Texas Section

Aaron,

Thank you for the continued great work with the STM position !!!

During your 2 pm session today you are welcome to mention........

The ARRL NTX SM (Me) will be active this week-end for ARRL FD
I will be on Phone as well as CW
Members may send their Section Manager Traffic Direct to me if they run across me on the bands

On Phone just Tell me you have Traffic for me and when I state I am Ready to copy send it
On CW send QRG?   When I send QRG  Send your traffic.

I will also be on Win VARA (WinLink) Peer To Peer HF Radio twice on Saturday........

My Winlink details VARA  P2P  (HF to HF) at 3PM  and 6 PM on Saturday.

Day Time Center frequency will be 3594.500 with the Dial Frequency of 3593.000

You may of course also send Traffic to me via any of the established Nets

Have a Safe and Fun ARRL FD event.

Your ARRL NTX SM