Communication Partner Update - Damage Assessment Self Reporting Tool 02-21-21 07:00

Kevin McCoy

Texas Gang:

As we move from Response to Recovery, it is very important to get the size of the disaster right.  I had previously told you about

https://tdem.texas.gov/warming-center/

But on that same page there is a damage self reporting tool.  This worked very well in Laura.  You might think folks might overestimate their impact and damage, but in fact we found this to be almost 90% accurate when followed up with detailed assessment.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/eb1ab4928205490182896d86783447d3

This survey is from Texas Department of Emergency Management, but the data is shared with Red Cross and other Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) to help us get aid to folks in need.

For those with infrastructure and web skills – please help those that do not – and help us get as accurate an estimate as possible, so we can gauge resources – people, and stuff – so that we get enough water, food, and clean up resources to get back on the path to normal.

This is BIG, and it is going to take a lot of organizations and resources in partnership to get it done.

Please share this link in your communities.

Best

Kevin KF5FUZ
DST Lead DR 717-21 Central and South Texas 2/21 BLI
American Red Cross Serving Central and South Texas

Attached status on warming centers in Central and South Texas Red Cross is supporting...