Topics

Can you help me congratulate NASA astronauts Behnken and Hurley?

Aaron Hulett | K8AMH

Send your congratulations to NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley!

Did you know astronaut Bob Behnken is a ham? He (KE5GGX) and Doug Hurley made history when they blasted off from Kennedy Space Center last Saturday, May 30. It's the first time astronauts have launched from American soil since the final Space Shuttle flight in 2011.

I would very much like to send both of them your ham radio greetings, which is where I need your help.

Will you send your congratulatory message to them?

You can send each of them a unique piece of traffic, or send them both one piece of traffic. When you route them to my station, I will print it out and Priority Mail it and everyone else's traffic to NASA on the first of July to try and get it there before the July 4 holiday.

Why send these to me? I am committing to personally printing these out and paying the Priority Mail postage to get these all to NASA in Houston, and I will share with you all the messages we send to them.

Here's how you can address your radiograms:

To send traffic to Bob Behnken

BOB BEHNKEN KE5GGX C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

To send traffic to Doug Hurley

DOUG HURLEY C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

To send traffic to both Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley in one piece of traffic instead of two separate ones

BOB BEHNKEN KE5GGX AND DOUG HURLEY C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

Thank you for your help in putting together what I know will be an awesome showing of ham radio greetings to our latest astronauts to launch into space!

73,
Aaron | K8AMH

Aaron Hulett | K8AMH

Section Traffic Manager
ARRL North Texas Section

k8amh@...

PO Box 479
Little Elm TX 75068-0479

www.arrlntx.org

Aaron Hulett | K8AMH

Well apparently Groups.io didn't push my table backgrounds nicely on the web interface, so here are those addresses again in a darker font color:

To send traffic to Bob Behnken

BOB BEHNKEN KE5GGX C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

To send traffic to Doug Hurley

DOUG HURLEY C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

To send traffic to both Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley in one piece of traffic instead of two separate ones

BOB BEHNKEN KE5GGX AND DOUG HURLEY C/O K8AMH
PO BOX 479
LITTLE ELM TX 75068

Dr. Steven Davoust N5KCH

Thank you guy for the support to our country GOD BLESS DR.STEVEN DAVOUST DEC NORTH TX DIRECT 7 GOD BLESS again. Ps please be safe

Sent from Yahoo for iPhone

Quick note that I’ve stood up https://www.k8amh.com/nasa with more information and logs of who I’ve received messages from. I have also expanded outside the traffic system and will include any message, whether coming in via radiogram, email, Winlink, … as long as I receive it by July 1. Check the website for details.