Topics

ARRLNTX #facebook

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

Have you been inducted into the Royal Order of the Wouff Hong? If not, you can!

There will be an induction ceremony during HamCom weekend! The ceremony will occur at the Hilton Garden Inn on Friday night at 9pm!

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

Is your Field Day Site listed in the ARRL Field Day Locator? If it's not, you may want to add it!

NTX Section Officials will be visiting various Field Day sites throughout the section, and they're using the Field Day Locator to plan their routes!

#ARRLFD #FD2018 #GOTA #ARRLNTX #FieldDay

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

Mentorfest 2018 is a wrap!

The Mentorfest 2018 organizers, presenters, and attendees were quite pleased with how well this event turned out, and the improvements over last year were noticeable!

Stay tuned for the Mentorfest 2018 After Action Review to be posted on the ARRLNTX website in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, there were some other areas that needed improvement... not with just the event, but with communication and collaboration in the section.

The ARRL North Texas Section is adding a groups.io page to its social media collection. This will allow for a lot more member participation on planning and collaborating for various events throughout the section.

Stay tuned... we're just getting started!

https://groups.io/g/arrlntx

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

Last night I visited the Ellis County Amateur Radio Club to present the Amateur Radio in Scouting award to Chris Overby WA5DM. Congrats Chris and thanks you for your dedication to the scouts and the hobby!

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

ARRL Field Day 2018 is less than 3 months away. Make sure your sites are listed on the Field Day Locator page.

Jay W5GM and Jerry W5BFF will be visiting several Field Day Sites throughout the event.

section@arrlntx.groups.io Integration <section@...>

By ARRL - North Texas Section

ATTENTION VE TEAMS!!!

I received an email from someone wanting to upgrade to Extra Class this weekend. That's GREAT! Except he's going to drive over 100 miles to do it!

I looked at the VE Test Sessions schedule on the arrl.org website, and while I'm not the closest, I'm not much farther from the closest test session available to this gentleman. (I'm the closest and the soonest in this case).

However, I *KNOW* there has to be some exam sessions happening SOMEWHERE between Atlanta and the DFW Metroplex... but none are listed on the arrl.org website.

VE Teams: PLEASE list your test sessions! While we're privileged and honored to test any and all candidates, we don't want them having to drive excessively to do so.

Thanks! -=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF NTX ASM and ASEC