Topics

ARRL NTX Staff Meeting is One week from tomorrow at 8 PM

Please attend if at all possible

Note: Session will be recorded and a Transcript of the session
will be posted in the ARRLntx Virtual Club Officers Round Table Groups.io site
if you are not already a member of that Group, please join.

I will post Topics of discussion within a few days
at the Staff Groups area.....

Steven Smith KG5VK is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: ARRL NTX Staff Meeting
Time: Oct 20, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87263456134?pwd=NE9jek9lRUNtWWxQdkFpWG5FWjRsdz09

Meeting ID: 872 6345 6134
Passcode: 216222

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,87263456134#,,,,,,0#,,216222# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,87263456134#,,,,,,0#,,216222# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 872 6345 6134
Passcode: 216222

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kkY6h2TKS

Tele 318-470-9806
ARRL NTX Section Manager
Please note: My Out Going Email address is LottsPhoto@...
KG5VK@... is forwarded to my Gmail address

Reminder the ARRL NTX Staff Meeting is tomorrow Evening
at 8 PM

TOPICS Include the following, but are Not limited to these:

The Next ARRL NTX Round Table discussion with ARRL NTX Affiliated Club Officers and Section Management Staff is 1 December 2020  at 8 PM

The ARRLNTX HOY (Ham of The Year) Selection committee was formed and are voting for their choice of the  of the 2020/2021 HOY from the 6 Nominations received
The winner will be announced by Mid November

Our New website has been launched and looks great
A great deal of appreciation for this goes to Aaron Hulett K8AMH and Greg Evans K5GTX
There are many highlights to this new lively attractive sight
One which I like is the new Calendar, if you know of events that may be of general interest to fellow North Texans
please let Aaron or myself know the Dates and the Topic as well as a link for more info
and we will get the info posted  (Aaron I will need a Tutorial on working on posting these)

Speaking of Calendar of events
There are Two small Ham fests on October the 24th
One in Parker County (Spring Town)  and One in Rains County  (Emory at the Court House Square)
Both are Half Day events

November 7th
ARRLNTX Section Traffic Net
Aaron K8AMH can fill us in on the details

November 14th
ARES Fall S.E.T.   Greg K5GTX will speak on this

I continue to attend Club Meetings on a Virtual basis and have attended 3 or 4 since our last staff meeting this past month

More than a few of this clubs would like some attention from other staff members
If you do not have a Zoom account I will be glad to hoist the event for you
However most of the clubs are doing the hoisting
Bottom line is I will continue to do what I can under this COVID19 situation to stay in touch with members
and the clubs that many are members of.

My next regular club meeting (In Person)
is scheduled to be in Longview Texas at the Longview ARC on the 23rd of January 2021
Baring the creek don't rise and heavy fog that morning, it's a five AM driveway departure time for me.

I hope by now every staff members knows what ANSI Z359.11 concerns

What is on your minds?
we will go around the "room" once more for input from each staff member in attendance

News Flash........

 Another HamFest has been pushed back a year....

The Cowtown ARC HamFest Chair contacted me about two weeks ago
and we had a discussion about the pros and cons of them holding their Fest This January
That club's BOD just recently announced the Cowtown 2021 (January 2021) HamFest is Canceled

Most of you know that the Orlando HamCation had already announced that fest was canceled
and they are moving forward with planning their 2022 event.

"We are hopeful that event mid year will still be held" Steve KG5VK