Topics

sticky ARRL NTX October 2020 Newsletter

Greetings fellow North Texans!

  • New Quarterly Round Table Discussions with Club Officers and ARRL NTX Section Management Staff has been formulated, per request from ARRL North Texas Club leaders.
    The next one of these is December 1st, 2020
  • Mentor Fest 2020 has been Cancelled
    This was decided after I asked for input on Cancelling from the Assistant Section Managers during our Team conference this past month. (all in attendance agreed we should cancel)
    We look forward to having a bigger and better event next year in April 2021
  • The Nomination Period for ARRL NTX 2021/2022 Ham of The Year is now closed, the winner will be announced by Mid November. I am now assembling a selection team to vote on the nominations received.
  • The new ARRL North Texas Website is now Live  https://arrlntx.org
    Accolades for making this happen go to Greg Evans K5GTX and Aaron Hulett K8AMH.
  • What is ANSI Z359.1 and why we should care
    If you or someone you care about climbs towers
    Climbing Harness, Carabiners etc
    Should meet the America Standards Institute Z359.11 Safety Standard
    (Home Made Safety harnesses are rarely safe and Safety Belts have not been OSHA approved for a considerable number of years)
  • NTX Section Traffic Net has their own exercise on November 7th
    The ARRL North Texas Section and the DFW Metroplex Traffic Net(s) will hold an emergency communications exercise that Saturday
    More details may be found at http://bit.ly/2020ntsexercise
  • The ARES side of the house will have a Fall S.E.T. (Simulated Emergency Test) session on the 14th of November. Our Section Emergency Coordinator, Greg Evans K5GTX and I will have more information on the Fall SET soon.
  • During this continued time of Social Distancing.
    The Section Management Team continues to work hard for our fellow North Texas ARRL members.
    I continue to join in on club meetings by use of  Teleconference tools, whenever invited by a club officer.  Over the last 30 days I have participated in three different club meetings, and remember I still bring a Door Prize!
    To get me to join your clubs virtual meeting, whether it be by Echo Link, Zoom conference, or some other tool set. Just have your club officers drop me an invite.

Please stay Safe, whether on an antenna Tower or working with High Voltage in your Ham Shack.

73 Steve

KG5VK