Topics

A Little Levity

k5jy@...

I've about run out of popcorn reading this thread, but, like a bad train wreck, I just can't stop looking <grin.>  But it did make me recall a famous meme from the past:

Now back to your regularly-scheduled program...

73,
John DE K5JY

Jeffrey Angus, WA6FWI

On 8/12/19 11:05 AM, k5jy via Groups.Io wrote:
Oh, BTW, Amateur Radio is a hobby, and hobbies are supposed
to be fun.
That was the standard excuse I heard every time I asked someone
why they didn't do something they promised to do as part of the
organization they were part of.
If it's just you, yes it's a hobby.
But when you commit to do something, it's a responsibility to do
what you promised to do.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Don <kb7zjp@...>

Well I see that the Section Manager still can't admit he was in the wrong. I guess he see that he runs this section and nothing he does can be wrong. Nor can he keep his word on a fact based email on what happened. I would say he has no facts to back why he thinks we can't make or own minds up on who to vote for in the I believe the west gulf section. I at lunch and don't have access all the facts right this second. Time for steve smith to step down as section Manager!

Don Kast
Kb7zjp

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 11:05 AM k5jy via Groups.Io <k5jy=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I've about run out of popcorn reading this thread, but, like a train wreck, I just can't stop looking <grin.>  And I couldn't help but remember a famous meme.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled program...  Oh, BTW, Amateur Radio is a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to be fun.  So if you aren't having fun, you're not doing it right.  I've got to get back to re-building my shack so I can make some ripples in the Ether again.

73,
John DE K5JY

Owen Anderson

I this evening received two e-mails regarding the after affect of
comments regarding our SM - the SM should come public
with his version of the situation and let the membership decide
about this matter.  You do not lead with questions.

QUESTION: Is it true our membership is less by a large percentage
vs. a year ago?

Steve, please reply to these comments.

Owen
KE5HRI

On Aug 12, 2019, at 12:54 PM, Don <kb7zjp@...> wrote:

Well I see that the Section Manager still can't admit he was in the wrong. I guess he see that he runs this section and nothing he does can be wrong. Nor can he keep his word on a fact based email on what happened. I would say he has no facts to back why he thinks we can't make or own minds up on who to vote for in the I believe the west gulf section. I at lunch and don't have access all the facts right this second. Time for steve smith to step down as section Manager!

Don Kast
Kb7zjp

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019, 11:05 AM k5jy via Groups.Io <k5jy=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I've about run out of popcorn reading this thread, but, like a train wreck, I just can't stop looking <grin.>  And I couldn't help but remember a famous meme.
<dummyfile.0.part>

On 8/21/19 6:54 PM, Owen Anderson via Groups.Io wrote:
Steve, please reply to these comments.

Owen
KE5HRI
Still stirring the pot are we?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Owen

Not sure I see the two questions
I have not been a Section manager for a year, yet.

I took
Office the first of April
A bit less than 5 months ago
What do you consider a Large percentage?
July our Section saw a .2 percent decline in ARRL North Texas members

Correct point 2 percent
Fall in ARRL members in Our Section for last month
I can get the stats for the other months if you need them - once I am back at my QTH

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 6:54 PM Owen Anderson via Groups.Io <oaand=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Tele 318-470-9806
ARRL NTX Section Manager
Please note: My Out Going Email address is LottsPhoto@...