Topics

Carolyn Womack KC5OZT

Aaron Hulett | K8AMH <k8amh@...>

I have some very sad news that Carolyn KC5OZT’s key has fallen silent after a hard battle with cancer. She passed away in her sleep.

While I have not known Miss Carolyn for as long as many involved with the National Traffic System, I quickly discovered her caring spirit and her passion for the NTS, and how others I spoke with would light up at the mention of her call. She was a Section Traffic Manager, a Central Area Net manager… heavily involved with the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex Traffic Net, the 7290 Traffic Net, other nets… and more importantly, shined with her willingness to help and her friendliness, always, both on and off the air.

As arrangements have not been made just yet, I do not have any details to share. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like any information or if I can try to help answer anything, and please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

My main link into the NTS is via the D/FW net and this net is how I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Carolyn. In my hope of honoring her, I listed a piece of traffic at the net from the countless people, hams and non-hams alike, that she has touched over the years, which I have copied below.

Aaron | K8AMH
Section Traffic Manager for ARRL North Texas Section
k8amh@...

NR 220 R K8AMH 35 LEWISVILLE TX  MAY 06
CAROLYN WOMACK KC5OZT
BT
A SAYING GOES YOU MAKE A LIVING
BY WHAT YOU GET YOU MAKE A
LIFE BY WHAT YOU GIVE XRAY THANK
YOU FOR GIVING SO MUCH TO US
AND MAY YOU REST IN PEACE 73
BT
MORE PEOPLE THAN CAN FIT IN THIS SPACE
AR
/EX

The DARC has just received word, via Facebook, from Ann Womack-Lee, Carolyn's sister: (May 5, 2019)

"This is the hardest thing I will write. Carolyn Womack my beloved sister passed away this morning at 5am. She fell asleep last night and woke up in her Heavenly home. She fought a hard battle with cancer but the Lord knows what is best. I wish everyone could have known her like I did. She was funny, serious, a lover of music, avid fan of ham radio. She loved her facebook friends and I know she would want me to tell you. The most important thing she would want me to tell you is that there is a Savior who will be with you in life and death, and she has now seen Him face to face."

The DARC and Amateur Radio has lost an amazing person
She is now exchanging traffic with God and all of his other angels.

Prayers to her family and all that knew her.

Steven Lott Smith
KG5VK

Thank You !

I can Now notify the ARRL