NTX ARES Section Notice Delta-1008-01 (10NOV20 1600 CDT)

Greg Evans K5GTX ARRLNTX SEC

SECTION STATUS:

NORMAL READINESS

Hurricane Delta is continuing to move towards Louisiana with landfall expected within the next 36 hours.

At this time, I do not anticipate change is status of the North Texas Section. We will continue to monitor the situation and respond to any support requests from the ARRL Delta Division and our partners.

Maintain Situational Awareness by frequently checking local Weather Office and the National Hurricane Center.

Note that “a temporary waiver to permit amateur data transmissions at a higher symbol rate than currently is permitted by section 97.307(f) of the Commission’s rules, in order to facilitate hurricane relief communications within the continental United States" continues to be in effect.

Weather Offices:

Lake Charles

Shreveport

Dallas-Fort Worth

National Hurricane Center – Hurricane:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Delta

Texas State Operations Center:

Level II  (Escalated Response Conditions)

Texas Hurricane Center: Evacuation / Reception Information

https://gov.texas.gov/hurricane

Ennis and Mesquite are Reception Centers in the North Texas Section for Evacuees.

Evacuees are being placed in hotels throughout the section.

North Texas Section ARES Information:

ICS-217 RMS Packet Stations

ICS-205 North Texas Section

North Texas Section ARES Emergency Net Activations:

None at this time

North Texas Section NTS Traffic Net:

STANDBY

Please include Greg Evans, K5GTX  (SEC@...) and Steve Lott, KG5VK (KG5VK@...) on ARES activities INCLUDING Activation Requests, Staging, Deployment, Assistance and Demobilization.

This is a rapidly changing situation.  All members need to maintain situational awareness and be safe!  Do not deploy unless directed to by your Emergency Coordinator or District Emergency Coordinator.

As always, thank  you for your support and your efforts!

73,

STAY PREPARED,

STAY READY,

STAY SAFE!