Air Force and Army MARS October Exercise Information

Greg Evans K5GTX ARRLNTX SEC

Good Day ARES Members,

I am forwarding a message concerning the AFMARS and AMARS Exercise that has started and ends at the end of October. If you have an HF radio and antenna capable of 60 meters, please join in the exercise. If you have any questions, please Ken Miller or myself.

73,

STAY PREPARED,

STAY READY,

STAY SAFE!

Greg Evans, K5GTX

North Texas ARES

Section Emergency Coordinator

Mobile: 713-410-2376

Email: sec@...

Winlink: ARES-NTXSEC

815 Wind Elm Dr.

Allen, TX 75002

www.arrlntx.org

North Texas ARES Members,

As you know AFMARS and AMARS station have started a month long exercise on 03 October 2020.  As part of our exercise we will be conducting a 60 meter nets that will start at noon or 1200 pm LDT on the days listed below:

Oct Dates:  4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25

These nets should be found on 5.330.50 if the frequency is clear with either an AFMARS or AMARS NCS.  If the frequency is not clear we will be move up on the 60 meter frequencies until we can find on.  At this time these NCS will be asking you for your amateur call sign, city and state.  Make sure your information is copied correctly, because Army MARS will be sending out QSO cards confirming your contact with a MARS station.

As the exercise continues we will be moving traffic into the SATERN, NTS, SHARES, ARS SET operations in an ICS-213 format request for information or assigned tasking. This should be a fun exercise which both the amateur community and MARS station moving traffic between both our systems.

If anyone as any questions about this please feel free to contact me by my attached cell phone number.

Regards,

Ken Miller
AAA6R3
Region 6 Army MARS Operational Officer