ARRLNTX July Newsletter

I very sadly report the loss of 3 valued members of our community.

Henry Allen W5TYD
Henry Allen, better known to many amateur radio ops
as Mr. Texas Bug Catcher for his Bug Catcher antenna System
Prayers to his wife Tina and the whole family as well as the many that
came to know him.
I knew Henry as a gentle giant, an amazing person that always had a
great story to tell.

Benjamin Sly KF5OEB
Ben was a very young Amateur radio Op that I met at ARRL FD 2019.
We lost Ben at 47 years young, Ben's Dad Lee Sly N5SLY is a long time
amateur radio op and is very active in his community.
Ben leaves behind three young girls, his wife, his Dad and Mom as well
as extended family.
This was a tragic and sudden loss
Prayers to his family and the many friends

Tom M. Blackwell N5GAR
Tom was a unique individual, some would say one of a kind
He was passionate about politics and our great hobby
Tom served 4 years as our ARRL North Texas Section Manager
from 2005 to 2009
Prayers to his family and friends.

I hope everyone had a wonderful ARRL FD weekend
It was a strange one, for me it seemed really weird.
Seemed well attended and I have received many radiograms and other
traffic generated to me
your ARRL SM during the event.
It was an honor to chat with many of you on the air even if just for a
few seconds.
I worked mostly Phone and some CW QSO's
Helped one local amateur with some HF radio issues

I hope and pray we are back to normal next year with ARRL FD and so much
more normalization.

The ARRL has announced a new initiative with The ARRL Learning Network
Virtual Seminars (Forums) presented by the many talented speakers we
have within each of the ARRL Sections.  Those that wish to do
presentations should look for more info at the following link......
http://www.arrl.org/ARRL-Learning-Network-Speakers-Form

A second ARRL North Texas Round Table with your Division Director and
myself is coming soon
Our ARRL Division Director John Robert Stratton N5AUS and myself
are in the planning stage of having another ARRL Clubs Round Table
Discussion
(This one will be held Virtually using online Conferencing tools such as
Zoom)
We need to know which ARRL Affiliated Clubs will be represented in this
round table discussion.
Attendance is for The Club president plus one of his Board Members.

An announcement on this went out about a week ago, and I have only seen
interests expressed from 8 clubs so far. If your club is interested the
Club officers need to contact me ASAP
Email me KG5VK@... if your Club is interested in attending
Remember attendance is for President Plus One from each club within the
ARRL North Texas Section,
a date will be announced within the next few weeks.

Please remember Summer Heat has arrived
It can be deadly working outside
Stay Hydrated !!!

Have a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July!

ARRL North Texas Section
Section Manager: Steven Lott Smith, KG5VK
kg5vk@...