It's time again for Winlink Wednesday! Here's the homework for this week. If one of the web sites below is for your area, try connecting to the various RMS gateways listed. If you cannot connect, send an e-mail to the control station asking if their gateway node is still online. You can most likely find the e-mail address on QRZ.com. If they tell you that the node is permanently down, then advise the webmaster for the site where it is listed.

http://n5tw.ecpi.com/rmsstatus
http://www.etecs.org/?page_id=6
http://www.kg5aen.net/dfw-repeaters.html
http://www.RuskCountyARC.com
http://www.txvhffm.org/coordination/bandplan.php
http://www.w5jcr.com
https://k5prk.net/repeaters
https://sites.google.com/site/collincountyares/resources/winlink
https://www.dcara.net/repeater.php
https://www.k5lrk.com/repeaters
https://www.kb5a.org/repeaters
https://www.winlink.org/RMSChannels

Other instructions:

Use the same template when checking in.  As a reminder, to use the template, when the New Message screen is opened, click on the menu items Select Template --> Standard Templates --> GENERAL Forms --> Winlink Check In.txt. If you do not find the template, you may have an older version of the templates. You can find the download from the Winlink.org web site. The instructions are in the ReadMe.txt file from the download site.

Make sure in the Send To box to put my call sign, KF5VO.

In the location box, put the name of your city/town, and which gateway you're connecting through (if known).

In the Comment Box, you can put what ever comment you'd like.

Spread the word about Winlink Wednesday. This net is open to anyone with a Winlink account (which is free for licensed amateurs).

Shameless plug: I will be giving a presentation on Winlink (VHF packet) and Winlink Wednesday at the September 10th meeting for the Lake Area Amateur Radio Klub in The Colony. If you would like to make it, you can find directions on the calendar listing on their web site: https://www.k5lrk.com/calendar. If I do a good enough job, you might be able to convince me to do the presentation for other clubs.