Re: What is going on in the ARRL NTX Section and why have we not heard from you (the Section Manager)

Jerry A. Goodson W5BFF <hydrashok407@...>

Until Thursday?  It didn't take me that long to spell out all of the facts, to include screenshots and copying/pasting emails in a web format of all of the facts!

Here are the simple facts:  you censored a valid and relevant post concerning a candidate you openly opposed in the ARRL North Texas group facebook page... a place where discussions concerning our leadership are valid.  Then, when I tried to discuss it with you, you refused to take my calls.  You took a hard stance on addressing and correcting your action, so I made your actions public in the link posted above.

I, as your assistant section manager, heard NOTHING from you for two days.  When I did hear from you, it was a request to turn over all control of all NTX accounts to the SEC... which I complied.  However, there were STILL no communications from you regarding the issues presented to you.

I warned you this was a can of worms that you didn't want to open.  You called me on my warning, and I followed through.  You made a mistake.  Just own it, and move on.  It's easy to be a leader when things are going smooth.  It's these kinds of trials that will show what kind of leader you really are.  There are already calls for your resignation... which I believe to be a little extreme.  You have a real shot at redemption here, but the question is will your arrogance allow for it?

-=Jerry=- W5BFF
ARRL Member

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:04 AM Steven Lott Smith KG5VK <lottsphoto@...> wrote:
A detailed post from me is coming
which will be Fact Based and allow everyone to reach their own conclusions.

I am attempting to format a detailed fact based statement
which will allow everyone involved to reach their own conclusions.

Please give me tell Thursday evening to get all facts spelled out and for each of you to evaluate

I am sure FB is blowing up as well as my phone and personal email in box has been
My action on notifying everyone about the Breech of Passwords was to err on the side of each member being informed.

Thank you all for the concerns