Tomorrow is Winlink Wednesday!

When I opened Winlink this morning, the message was displayed that a new version of the Winlink templates was available for download. The latest version of the templates is 1.0.98.0. It appears that the Winlink Check In template has been unaffected by any updates. It's always a good idea to have the latest version of the templates, so make sure you download them.

We do have one user that is having difficulty using the templates. In trying to help him, it occurred to me that it could be an issue with the browser he is using. I thought this might lead to a good question for the week. Which browser are you using when the template opens? Put that in the comment section of the template.

Spread the word about Winlink Wednesday. This net is open to anyone with a Winlink account (which is free for licensed amateurs).

The instructions for this week's Winlink Wednesday are as follows:

Use the same template when checking in.  As a reminder, to use the template, when the New Message screen is opened, click on the menu items Select Template --> Standard Templates --> GENERAL Forms --> Winlink Check In.txt. If you do not find the template, you may have an older version of the templates. You can find the download from the Winlink.org web site. The instructions are in the ReadMe.txt file.

Make sure in the Send To box to put my call sign, KF5VO.

In the location box, put the name of your city/town, and which gateway you're connecting through.

In the Comment Box, you can put what ever comment you'd like.

Spread the word about Winlink Wednesday. This net is open to anyone with a Winlink account (which is free for licensed amateurs).

That's it! Hope to see you check in tomorrow!