Re: Aux Comm

Owen Anderson

You are correct, I have that certificate and you may
need to do some home work and have FEMA
100, 200, 700, 800 at least.

Owen Anderson
KE5HRI

On Jul 31, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Robert KD5FEE <rmjudy@...> wrote:

Good information and good studies, documentation list, affiliation and experience credentials. I have completed most of the IS courses and they are easy self paced learning. The "old" ARRL ARES training was a bit arduous but worth while. ARES affiliation might help, RACES affiliation should count. Past experience in Aux Em Comm is probably the difficult criteria for people that haven't been involved in past actual real Em Comm events, SAR, or the like so a potential "catch 22" as is association with a Served Agency. The last two requirements have solutions if a person "looks around" for opportunities.

The point of all the requirements is to ensure volunteers are knowledgable, sincere, and "mature" enough to work in the system at their assigned task position and level without becoming part of the problem instead of being part of the solution. The requirements may seem onerous but if you are willing to complete all those check boxes you might be a good candidate. End of lecture.

Respectfully,

rmj

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 9:48 PM Ken Hansen, N2VIP <ken@...> wrote:
From what I see it's a 2 day (16 hour) class, it likely is quite an effort to present it.

They made a big deal out of offering it at Hamcation in FL, the pre-reqs were quite significant and attendees had to apply and be accepted to attend.

Prerequisites for Attendance

Personal experience: A valid/signed FCC amateur radio license; Past experience in auxiliary emergency communications; An affiliation with a public safety agency (served agency); A desire to work with COMLs in a NIMS ICS environment. Must have completed the following online courses from the FEMA EMI website: IS-100, Introduction to the ICS; IS-200, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Incidents; IS-700, National Incident Management System (NIMS), an Introduction; IS-800, National Response Framework (NRF).

I think it takes more than interest to make this class happen.

Ken, N2VIP

On Jul 31, 2022, at 21:12, Bill KD5UEW <bfeltenb@...> wrote:

Thank you all for the responses.

It would seem there is nothing available in NTX.

Is there just not any interest here?

Bill Feltenberger

KD5UEW 11-309 CLO

--