Winlink Wednesday 2022

John Hill - KF5VO

It's that time once again for Winlink Wednesday!

The one big event for starting Winlink Wednesday NTX was a few years ago it seemed that the only time Winlink was used by anyone in our club was for sending messages on Field Day. By the time the next Field Day rolled around, most people forgot how to do it. So, in honor of that, we will be practicing this week on sending the messages for Field Day in accordance to rule 7.3.6. For these bonus points, "formal messages" must enter the National Traffic System via amateur radio. Winlink is one such way this can happen. For this week's exercise, we will use the message form necessary, but you will send it to me instead of the National Traffic System.

Use the Radiogram form when checking in.  As a reminder, to use the template, when the New Message screen is opened, click on the menu items Select Template --> Standard Templates --> RADIOGRAM & RRI Forms --> Radiogram.txt.

For the Template, make sure the value "R" is selected for Precedence. Also use my name and call sign in the TO section (John Hill KF5VO, McKinney TX, E-mail: KF5VO ATSIGN ARRL DOT NET). Send any message that you would like to me. If you need any help filling out the template, there are tons of search results on how to do that.

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!
Down at the bottom of the form, in the section that is highlighted in yellow, there is a text box with "YOU MAY ENTER ANY ADDRESS HERE". Make sure to put KF5VO in that text box. If you click on the link "NOW CLICK HERE and select a Liason Station", it will send to the National Traffic System (want to do on Field Day, not for Winlink Wednesday) and it will be a few days before I get the message and will not count for a check-in.

Make sure in the Send To box to put my call sign, KF5VO.

Happy Winlinking!

Please visit the Winlink Wednesday NTX web site for more info on how to check in to the net:
https://bit.ly/2TfJNJE

If you haven't already, please join our mailing list on Groups.IO
https://groups.io/g/WinlinkWednesdayNTX