Re: Field Day Winlink Message points questions

Greg Evans K5GTX ARRLNTX SEC

I’ll be attending a few sites for Field Day as well. I have not decided which yet. But I will keep posted.

Greg

From: section@arrlntx.groups.io <section@arrlntx.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Lott Smith KG5VK ARRL NTX SM
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 6:43 AM
To: section@arrlntx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ARRLNTX] Field Day Winlink Message points questions

Just for info....

As your ARRL SM
last year I received 27 ARRL FD messages
14 of them were delivered tome by way of WinLink (I am a WinLink user)
some of these finished their routing by way of Telnet to me and some can while I was on the air with WinLink HF Radio
the other dozen or so (13) came to me via telephone

I never saw an actual physical RadioGram
and yes I know what they look like :)

Last year I was on the road for 18 hours
I visited 13 FD Sites
a couple of those were at 2 in the morning (Sunday)

This year I will be limiting my road time and the number of site visits will be less than a half dozen
I of course will be encouraging fellow members of the Section Mamangagement staff team to visit at least a couple of sites

I encourage everyone to be safe
it is going to be incredibly Hot this year
stay hydrated and look out for each other for signs that your buddy
may not be staying hydrated.

In The Shaded area with a fan
and consume ice cold water.