Re: Field Day Winlink Message points questions

Ron Adams

OK, two things.

The first is that I only sent Winlink RADIOGRAM forms thru a VHF gateway
to the RRI Winlink clearinghouse for Region 5 (because all of the
recipients are in North Texas).  I don't think one can send the Winlink
Radiogram anywhere that isn't an RRI site (did you watch the youtube?).
RRI is the only pathway that I know of from the Winlink world to the
National Traffic System.

I selected hams that I know checkin to the NTX traffic net frequently,
like I do, for my ten field day messages.

RRI takes Winlink Radiograms and puts them into the NTS system, where they
are delivered by standard NTS means to wherever they are going.

I checked into the local (NTX/VHF) NTS traffic net and listened as my Winlink-originated
radiograms were delivered to local hams. (mike drop)

Second, I think what I did when I was sending my contest results to ARRL is
radiogram generated in Winlink for the eleven messages into a document that
I included in my submission.

Hopefully this made it all clearer.

Happy Field Day!

73

Ron

On Monday, June 6, 2022 at 08:34:41 PM CDT, Mike Heskett WB5QLD <wb5qld@...> wrote:

Bill for the Section Manager, the rules say use the radiogram. For the 10 other messages (which may go to non-hams), the rules say you can use the radiogram or the ICS213. For tha,t I use the USA ICS Forms and the ICS 213 General Message form. It will be more like an email and easier for a non-ham to read. It won’t be a filled in form (unless it is read by another Winlink Station).

Michael Heskett
WB5QLD