Re: Hamshack Hotline

Mike Barnett KF5DEY

Steve, I will answer the Hamshack Hotline question.

It is a VOIP (Voice over IP) service run by hams, free for hams...that is more like an internal (office) phone system and is not part of the normal phone system.

Within HH there are some radio devices hooked up as well as some 'conference rooms' set up world wide.

It requires either a supported or compatible VOIP phone (SIP phone) for example a Cisco SPA504G...or a 'softphone' app on your device (phone/tablet).

Also if you already have a PBX, you can add it as part of your PBX...for example, I can call from my phone to my ALLSTAR node, and from there connect to external Allstar or Echolink nodes.

However usage in North TX is minimal...in our club of 40 (Cowtown Amateur Radio Club), I am the only user.   https://map.hamshackhotline.com/

https://hamshackhotline.com/

https://wiki.hamshackhotline.com/doku.php

Mike