NTX SET 9-April-2019 15:37 Local

Keith Ballow KN5G

Is there an active NET on HF for the SET ?
I have called a couple of times on 14.345 but no answer and not hearing any traffic.

I have some time this afternoon and thought I would try to check in from Rusk, County, Texas.

Keith
KN5G

David Chenault

Well, no one has been able to make contact with anyone. So, it's been a little difficult to do anything. Are you tracking the SET messages in the NTX ARES group?

David

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 3:49 PM Keith Ballow <keith@...> wrote:
Is there an active NET on HF for the SET ?
I have called a couple of times on 14.345 but no answer and not hearing any traffic.

I have some time this afternoon and thought I would try to check in from Rusk, County, Texas.

Keith
KN5G

Keith Ballow KN5G

Yes, I have seen all the post as they come across.

David Chenault

I just sent a Winlink email and had good reception on 7102 Mhz

David

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 4:20 PM Keith Ballow <keith@...> wrote:
Yes, I have seen all the post as they come across.

David,

WHO did you send the winlink msg to on 7102   ???

anyone want to try Phone as in USB 20 m  I am on 14.345  Now

Steve
Tele 318-470-9806
2019 ARRL NTX Section Manager
KG5VK

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM David Chenault <DHChenault@...> wrote:
I just sent a Winlink email and had good reception on 7102 Mhz

David

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 4:20 PM Keith Ballow <keith@...> wrote:
Yes, I have seen all the post as they come across.

kG5VK

on 14.341 Now

steve

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 5:18 PM Steven Lott Smith KG5VK via Groups.Io <lottsphoto=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
David,

WHO did you send the winlink msg to on 7102   ???

anyone want to try Phone as in USB 20 m  I am on 14.345  Now

Steve
Tele 318-470-9806
2019 ARRL NTX Section Manager
KG5VK

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM David Chenault <DHChenault@...> wrote:
I just sent a Winlink email and had good reception on 7102 Mhz

David

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 4:20 PM Keith Ballow <keith@...> wrote:
Yes, I have seen all the post as they come across.

Jerry keisler, WA5KZA

Steven, tried to contact you. Heard a few carriers but no audio.  - Jerry WA5KZA

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ARRLNTX ARES] NTX SET 9-April-2019 15:37 Local

David,

WHO did you send the winlink msg to on 7102   ???

anyone want to try Phone as in USB 20 m  I am on 14.345  Now

Steve
Tele 318-470-9806
2019 ARRL NTX Section Manager
KG5VK

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:24 PM David Chenault <DHChenault@...> wrote:
I just sent a Winlink email and had good reception on 7102 Mhz

David

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 4:20 PM Keith Ballow <keith@...> wrote:
Yes, I have seen all the post as they come across.

Jerry keisler, WA5KZA

Tried Steven here also. no luck.  - Jerry WA5KZA

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

I worked three Qso's

K3QQN
K7LKZ
KI7QOK
at 1730-1738 local

I'm still on 20m
14.341.000 USB

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

I am hearing the 7 stations much better than I am hearing you Steve.
Keith KN5G Henderson, TX.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

OK

So what is the solution ???

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

I just got off a net on 80 meters with stations  from Dallas to Galveston. They all sounded good this time of day.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

The million dollar question. Time of day, vs. propagation, and NVIS antennas.
I was working the Texas stations on a horizontal loop and inverted L which are both NVIS on 80 meters.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

OK so a Net was held on 3860 at 1700 Local ????
ended at 1800 Local ???

I have NVIS antennas, yes plural
as well as Verticals and even a Four square array  (DX antennas)
and Low band rcv arrays

Timing is everything
Coordination is almost everything
Glad many others were successful
there is a Mississippi net on 3860 right now

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

The daily net I was on earlier was on 3.978. Started at 5:00 pm local time.
I hear the Mississippi net now and another on 3.862.

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 5:29 PM

[...]

Oops, sorry Steve. Thought i was sending that email on our Rusk County ARES reflector!

 I sent a Winlink email with our 205 to Jerry W5BFF. Sent it thru N5TW's node.

David
W5CWT