NTX: DISTRICT 7 AND 8 STANDBY NOTICE AS OF 1800 7/12/2019

Greg Evans K5GTX ARRLNTX SEC

Fellow ARES Members:

Earlier this afternoon, I asked District 7 DEC Steven Davoust, N5KCH and District 8 DEC Jo Ann Keith, KA5AZK to notify their district to go into StandBy as a precaution for impacts and potential requests for support as a result of Tropical Storm Barry.  The Standby Request went into effect at 6:00 PM CDT on 7/12/2019.  This notice is NOT a deployment/activation request.  No ARES member is authorized to deploy at this time.  ARES members may not self deploy; ARES Leadership will provide guidance for deployment if requested by our served agencies.

We have contacted the Louisiana ARRL Section Manager and volunteered to assist if requested.

The Standby Notice is for the following Districts/Counties in North East Texas:

District 7

District 8

Bowie County

Gregg County ARES

Camp County

Harrison County ARES

Cass County

Marion County ARES

Delta County

Nacogdoches County ARES

Fannin County

Panola County ARES

Franklin County

Rusk County ARES

Hopkins County

Shelby County (210)

Hunt County

Upshur County ARES

Lamar County

Morris County

Red River County

Titus County

What is ARES Stand-By mode?

ARES stand-by mode is to alert Amateurs within ARES that mobilization is possible.  The mobilization may be in a wide-area, localized, or on a remote basis.  Now is the time to check your Go-Kit; test your equipment; charge up batteries, and take care of any requirements at home.  ARES members are not allowed to self-deploy; you must wait for guidance from our leadership for any deployment.  ARES members should monitor local repeaters, weather, and maintain situational awareness.

If you have an EMCOMM trailer, please let your EC know its capabilities and deployment availability.  I ask that you copy your DEC and myself with the information about the trailer.

The latest information about Tropical Storm Barry can be found on NHC.NOAA.GOV or from the local NWS offices.

If you have any questions or need help, please contact me.

73,