NTX ARES Information Net - August Checkins

Bob Jones

All NTX ARES Members

The following stations checked into the August NTX ARES Information Net held Wednesday, August 14th on 3860.

K5DHY (NCS)
N5REG
K5GTX
KF5SMU
KF5WJB
N5IWM
K3JAR
KB5UGF
W5WK
KC5AKB
KC5BSI
K5TXM
K5TPK
KA5TWA
KR1ZAN
KN5G
KF5THB
KG5JIV
K5TCJ
W5BJ

Thanks to all of you who checked in.

73,
Bob, W5BJ

Crandall <4crandall2@...>

What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

Jerry A. Goodson W5BFF <hydrashok407@...>

My rig isn't set up right now, but I normally use the RadioWavz DX-80 OCFD.  It tunes right up to 20, 40, and 80 (and a few others) without even needing a tuner.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:49 PM Crandall <4crandall2@...> wrote:
What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

Tim-W5WK

I use an 80m Inverted V with the center at 42ft

--
Tim Irish - W5WK
JCARC President

Tim Johnson K5TCJ

246 foot long end fed wire at about 30 feet high at each end.
Tim K5TCJ

On Aug 15, 2019, at 19:49, Crandall <4crandall2@...> wrote:

What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

Dr. Steven Davoust N5KCH

Are you using a 9 to 1 Balum?

On Thursday, August 15, 2019, 7:58 PM, K5TCJ <k5tcj@...> wrote:

246 foot long end fed wire at about 30 feet high at each end.
Tim K5TCJ

On Aug 15, 2019, at 19:49, Crandall <4crandall2@...> wrote:

What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

Dr. Steven Davoust N5KCH

SORRY BOB KEEP TRYING TO CHECK IN N5KCH GOD BLESS

On Thursday, August 15, 2019, 5:24 PM, Bob Jones via Groups.Io <w5bj@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry.  Should have said that.  Yes.
Tim

On Aug 15, 2019, at 20:00, Dr. Steven Davoust N5KCH via Groups.Io <godrush95@...> wrote:

Are you using a 9 to 1 Balum?

On Thursday, August 15, 2019, 7:58 PM, K5TCJ <k5tcj@...> wrote:

246 foot long end fed wire at about 30 feet high at each end.
Tim K5TCJ

On Aug 15, 2019, at 19:49, Crandall <4crandall2@...> wrote:

What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

Frank Krizan KR5N

Using G-Whip 80-6 Multiband EFHW (68 ft) with Counterpoise (60 ft).

Most of main antenna is in the trees.

73, Frank KR1ZAN

Bill Engel

Alpha Delta DX-A half sloper off a 55 foot crank up tower for transmit.  DX Engineering receive loop at 10 feet.
K5DHY

On 8/15/2019 7:47 PM, Crandall wrote:
What type antenna are most of NTX ARES using for this check in?
W5TXP

RIc

KC5AKB  Hustler 6btv  / 200 to 400 watts
Or a OCF at 30 ft

Keith Ballow KN5G

80 meter, double bazooka, apex around 30 feet, 600 watts.

KN5G
Keith
Henderson, TX.