EC-001 Help

Kyri Calder, KG5WXZ

I have a student activity that requires me to contact the leader of my local emergency communications group. Would that be my EC, Fred Varian;  DEC: or is that Greg, the NTX SEC.
And if said person is a part of this group this is the activity that I am tasked with.

1. Contact a leader of your local emergency communications group. Ask the leader:
A) If the emergency communications group is affiliated with a specific partner.

B) If there is a local, planned ICS structure and if so, how the emergency communications group fits into the local ICS structure.

C) Ask the leader if the emergency communications group has ever been activated. If so, what were the lessons learned from operating with local agencies?

2. Suppose that during an emergency activation, you find yourself to be the leader of the local emergency communications group. To which partner would you report? To whom within the partner would you report? What would your duties be as leader of the emergency communications group?

Jerry A. Goodson W5BFF ARRLNTX ASM/ASEC <hydrashok407@...>

That would be Fred, your EC.

ARES is rarely activated above the local EC level.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 1:05 AM Kyri Calder, KG5WXZ <kyri.calder@...> wrote:
[...]

Aaron Hulett <ahulett@...>

EC should be your point of contact for a local emergency communications group.

[...]

Greg Evans, K5GTX NTX SEC

The reporting chain is you county EC, Fred Varian WD5ERD, and then the DEC, who is also Fred, and then myself as the SEC.  Activation Notices will be through your EC or designated Assistant EC.

73,

Greg Evans, K5GTX
ARRL NTX SEC
ARRL NTX ASM

[...]